I started this blog as a way of recording multi-sensory elements…. images, thoughts, words and making, that inform my creative life. It seems random but all these varied stimuli culminate into art themes. I often refer to Aristotle’s 4 causes within a project.
My work is about inclusion, participation & creative fun. Since 2007 I have been a Painter & Social Arts Practitoner (Community Artist) initiating projects with people, re-engaging with our natural environment, in my home town Ivybridge UK.
It began on my Arts & Ecology Masters at Dartington, then continued when I learnt on The Body Politic (PlatformLONDON) that its ok to be an activist with a small a, what you are able to do is relevant to your own circumstances, its finding that life balance…
I have now taken my social ecologies experience and creative painting practice wider, from local to international. Call it research ……. my first sojourn in 2015 was to Japan seeking autumn trees, I do like a red tree……….
- Freelance Professional Artist
- Educational Arts Facilitator & Mentor
- British Mountaineering Council: National Walk Group Leader
- “Granite Elements” Bovey Tracey Parishscapes Project. Moor than Meets the Eye: Dartmoor 2016 – 2017
- Walk & Art Workshop Leader Dartmoor Walking Festival
- Community of Ivybridge Project 2007-2015
- Ivybridge Arts Festival 2014: Initiator & Project Manager
- Achieveability Project Officer (pt) Aim Higher University of Plymouth
- Student Ambassador & Tutor. School, Community & Outreach Projects South West Peninsula Project
- Administrator in Widening Participation: Flexible Degrees University of Liverpool
- Vice Chancellor PA University of Plymouth
- Administrator Office of the Speaker House of Commons London
- Legal Secretary. Solicitors & Barristers Chambers Liverpool
- Ivybridge Town Team, Ivybridge Town Council Regeneration Committee
- Dartmoor Moorland Walk Group Leader
- Ivybridge Walking Club Chair & Walk Co-ordinator
- Dartmoor Partnership Director
- Community Partnership Forum South Hams DC